Suggestions for Taking the Examination
After becoming a member of ASEP, the "TRANSCRIPT SUBMISSION" page will be unlocked so the candidate can submit official transcripts for review by the Board of Certification. When a member is approved to challenge the exam, the "EPC CERTIFICATION" link will become available under the "EPC ONLINE" tab, which allows a member to pay for and initiate the online exam. The cost of the EPC exam is $300 (except for students of ASEP Accredited EP Programs who's 1st test is discounted to $50). The exam will begin immediately after this payment is submitted and the member will have four (4) hours to complete the 200 question exam. Results are sent to the email address on file in their member's profile.
The following are several suggestions for improving examination performance:
1. Become a member of ASEP under the appropriate membership type.
2. Submit Official Transcripts. Approval can take up to 48 hours. Plan accordingly. ASEP's Board of Certification may identify and suggest areas for self-study as part of it's approval/rejection process, but individuals are encouraged to review previous pages explaining academic preparation and expected transcript content.
3. When eligibility is approved, prepare to challenge the online test. Make sure you have a stable, high-speed internet connection. Ensure you have a valid credit or debit card to process the EPC ONLINE fee payment of $300 USD. Students of ASEP Accredited Exercise Physiology Programs will automatically receive their first test at a discounted fee of $50.00.
4. Select your environment to minimize distractions or disruptions and allow yourself enough time. Candidates are provided 4 hours to complete the online exam and there is no way to pause or delay the timer once you begin. Budget time per question. You will be able to skip questions and come back to them.
5. Have the supplies you may need handy. You may find a need for pencil, scratch paper and/or calculator.
6. Multiple choice answers. All multiple-choice items should be answered because the grade is based solely on the total number of correct answers. It is important to pay strict attention to the manner in which the multiple-choice question is written.
7. Read the question carefully. Note important data or facts in the question before answering.
8. Exam results will show immediately upon completion and will be sent to the email address on file in the member profile. An electronic copy of the Exercise Physiologist Certified (EPC) certificate will be retained in the member profile area for convenient future access.
It is the candidate's responsibility to be ready. PREPARE by studying well before you want to take the test and MANAGE your time and environment during the test. There are no refunds for any reason. If a candidate fails the examination and wishes to challenge the test again, each test requires a full payment, so make the most of your current attempt!